Montgomery Technology, Inc. has been manufacturing video visitation systems since
2001. We’ve been here the whole time as video visitation developed from a revolutionary idea for inmate and contraband management to a fullfeatured visitation management process to a revenue generation avenue.
Video Visitation changes more than any other electronic system in a detention facility. New features, requirements and regulations all push this product to new stages every couple of years.
With changes happening so frequently, MTI asked a very important design question: What if video visitation was just a single application within a whole framework of applications? What if those applications were not just limited to what MTI can produce but allowed the facility or service provider to implement independent applications based on existing websites and native apps?
With these questions in mind, MTI produced a platform that allows the facility administration and service providers to implement any app they see as necessary for the system. This new platform provides the necessary framework for both web-based HTML5 apps and native apps, all running within a scheduling system that prevents apps from running against each other, all while managing each inmate’s access rights.
The MTI Video Visitation System consists of basic components: the devices and the Connex.us app.
MTI provides three hardware options to meet the needs of facilities and service providers:
The 91541 Video Visitation Unit
The 91542 Touch Unit
The 91541 (or 91542) -M Mobile Station
– This device mobilizes the 91541 or 91542 so it can be used in multiple locations. The unit is mounted to a mobile platform that is both ergonomic and sturdy.
Common Device Features
With all of these devices there are some common features that are standard for each:
• Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE)
power supply built in
• A 100Base-T Ethernet interface
• 2 GB RAM
• 1.6 Dual Core Atom Processor
• Customized, secure Debian
• MTI Libertas Framework for
• Automated Updates
Optional Device Features
Beyond these device options, there are some general modifications that
can be provided with any of the devices. These include the following:
• Hands-free microphone/speaker interface
• Extended or shortened armored cables
• Additional handsets and hangers
The Connex.us App and Website
The MTI Connex.us app and website are the software components that make these devices more than just a kiosk. The Connex.us suite includes the following software components:
The Connex.us Device App
from 7 PM to 10 PM. This, along with any number of other variations, is possible with the Connexus app and the MTI Libertas Framework.
The MTI Connex.us Control Web Portal
– The facility staff is never without full control of visitation, from anywhere on the planet. The MTI Connex.us Control web portal is a browser-based, secure interface that staff can use to schedule visits, monitor active visits, manage participants, and review call history.
The MTIConnex.us website
– This website provides a single point of interface and information for friends and family who are looking to schedule visits with an inmate or participate in a From-Home visit. From the site, visitors can schedule a visit with any available facility, download and install necessary software for participating in a from-home visit, or purchase prepaid calling codes for discounted visitation.